The Iron Man film franchise is a series of American superhero films based on the Marvel Comics character Iron Man. The films are written and directed by a variety of people, including Jon Favreau, Shane Black, and Joss Whedon.
The franchise began with Iron Man (2008), followed by Iron Man 2 ( 2010), Iron Man 3 (2013). All three films received generally positive reviews from critics.
The first two films in the franchise were commercially successful, grossing a combined total of over $1.2 billion worldwide. The third film grossed over $1.2 billion, becoming the sixth highest-grossing film of all time and the highest-grossing film of 2013.
The Iron Man movies in order
- Iron Man (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Iron Man 3 (2013)
Are There Any More Iron Man Movies?
Yes, there will be an official Iron Man 4 and yes, Robert Downey Jr. is in discussion to reappear as billionaire playboy philanthropist Tony Stark.
Iron Man Movies Ratings
|Iron Man (2008)||7.9||94%|
|Iron Man 2 (2010)||6.9||72%|
|Iron Man 3 (2013)||7.1||79%|
Iron Man Movies – Where to watch them?
|Movie||Where to Stream?|
|Iron Man (2008)||Disney Plus, Apple TV|
|Iron Man 2 (2010)||Disney Plus, Apple TV|
|Iron Man 3 (2013)||Disney Plus, Apple TV|
Iron Man (2008)
- Director: Jon Favreau
- Runtime: 2h 6m
In the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War, billionaire Tony Stark tries to ease tensions between the U.S. and Russia by demonstrating the latest in his Iron Man armor technology.
However, when a rogue Russian general sends an army of powerful drones against Washington, D.C., Stark must don his Iron Man suit and take them on himself. Meanwhile, Stark’s girlfriend Pepper Potts has trouble dealing with his newfound fame.
Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Director: Jon Favreau
- Runtime: 2h 4m
With the world now aware of his dual life as the armored superhero Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark faces pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military.
Unwilling to let go of his invention, Stark, with Pepper Potts and James “Rhodey” Rhodes at his side, must forge new alliances – and confront powerful enemies.
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Director: Shane Black
- Runtime: 2h 10m
Tony Stark faces a powerful enemy, known as the Mandarin, who has plans to destroy Iron Man and everyone he loves. With the help of his faithful friend Rhodey, Tony must find a way to stop the Mandarin before it’s too late.
Marvel Avenger Movies With Iron Man Movies In Order Chronologically
- Captain America: The First Avenger (Set during WWII)
- Captain Marvel (Set in 1995)
- Iron Man (Set in 2010)
- Iron Man 2 (Set after Iron Man)
- The Incredible Hulk (Before Avenger/NA)
- Thor (Before Avengers/NA)
- The Avengers (Set in 2012)
- Iron Man 3 (Set six months after The Avengers)
- Thor: Dark World (Set after Avengers/before Ultron)
- Captain America: Winter Soldier (Set after Avengers)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Set in 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Set after Guardians 1)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (Set in 2015)
- Ant-Man (Set in 2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (After Ultron/before IW)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (Set after Civil War/before IW)
- Doctor Strange (Set in 2016)
- Black Panther (Set in 2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (Set after Ultron/before IW)
- Avengers: Infinity War (Set in 2017)
- Ant-Man and The Wasp (Set between IW and Endgame)
- Avengers: Endgame (Set in 2017-2022)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (Set after-Endgame)